Let me tell you a little something about this stew.
– first attempt at making the stew failed on Friday because we couldn’t get out of New York on time
– second attempt at making the stew failed because the Saturday afternoon “Harry Potter” was sold out
– third attempt successful this Sunday afternoon; Tessa manufactured stew while I staple-gunned insulation to the ceiling of the basement
– Tessa put about 300% too much salt into stew, and then had to travel to Great Barrington, Massachusetts to get more meat to offset it
– still wasn’t enough meat to calm down the salt, so we added more coconut milk
– then added cow milk
– still salty but more just weird, Tessa put in another round of spices: turmeric, chili powder, etc.
– stew put in back of car and driven to New City, NY where Jamie did the new voiceovers for the Pink House movie trailer; stew now so large that Susan remarked that it “would have been served to troops in the Civil War”
– ate half the stew; still tasted a little funny, but was hot and filling
– drove rest of stew back to Brooklyn in sheets of freezing rain; only parking space available was on 6th Ave. and Lincoln
– took turns carrying pot of stew a half mile up the hill (through gusts of ice needles) to our apartment; both of us remarked that it was insanely painful to carry
– at the door of our apartment, Tessa sees me carrying the stew like a Nigerian shopwoman (on my shoulder, because my back had long given out)
– she breaks down into fits of uncontrollable laughter because we had struggled so hard to lug this stew we don’t even like halfway across the country
– stew now sits in our refrigerator, living to torture us another day