A few short bits to add to the blog today, as it is my turn for Lucy tomorrow morning and let’s just say that she likes to get up four or five hours earlier than I do.
– It’s my sister Michelle’s birthday! She turned thirtysomething years old today, and I’m fairly sure she’s drunk on very expensive red wine up in Napa Valley right now.
love this pic Lars took at the Jartacular, rehearsing: me, Michelle and Sean, with Chip in the background
– If you are planning to be in New York City this summer, try to make it the last week of August, where Sean/Jordi/Mac and Gideon Productions – fresh off winning “Best Musical” at the Fringe Festival last year for “Fleet Week” – are mounting this year’s juggernaut “Air Guitar.” There’s a fighting chance you might see one of my plays as well, as the 24 Hour Plays is putting on a Best of the Last Ten Years show, and they might include mine (scroll down and vote here – you will see some familiar names like Lindsay B., Mac R., and Dan K.!). One way or another, we wouldn’t mind meeting you wonderful readers in NYC if any of you wanted to make the jaunt.
– Speaking of which, Lindsay just put on a 24 Hour Play up in Toronto. Check out his blog on the journey.
– I started drum lessons on Sunday. My teacher is awesome and knows Stewart Copeland. I’m learning to hold the sticks correctly and he said I could pick three songs to learn this month. They will be “Generals and Majors” by XTC, “Day Tripper” by the Beatles, and “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen. Starting a new instrument is fun, man!
– Any other tidbits you’d care to share with the class?