HAPPY ROSH HASHANAH!
Back to blogging tomorrow, but I just want to list a few things I like about Jewish people:
– the religion tends to emphasize excellence, and values intelligent analysis
– the essence of Judaism is enlightenment through constant questioning, rather than having doctrine beaten into your skull
– they don’t proselytize, in fact, they don’t care if you become Jewish or not
– the youngest person at the Seder gets to ask questions, leading to discussion rather than sermons
– they could have stopped at Marc Chagall, Isaac Asimov and George Gershwin, but continue to give the world a wildly-disproportionate number of the greatest writers, artists, musicians, scientists and thinkers that ever lived
– the Jewish chicks in my prep school were super hot. What was a lapsing Mormon kid to do?