Before we get back to life’s biggest mysteries, I’ve been asked to create the bracket again for NCAA hoops, but you know what? FUCK the “Big Dance” bracketeering this year. I am a fan of one team only, and if we’re not in it, it might as well be the Polish Jai Alai quarterfinals for all I care. Plus, I’m again sickened by the cakewalk Dook has to the Final Four, a nausea that will no doubt be quelled by them losing again long before they ought.
That doesn’t mean we can’t have a good time, though. Yes, we’re in the NIT, a fate that no doubt coughs up disgust among the elder statesmen around here, but the games are televised and I can’t help but cheer the Heels – it’s in my DNA. Plus, if you look at the bracket, it could just as easily be March Madness, given the traditional powers therein.
So I’ve created an online bracket for the 2010 NIT, and we can play against each other there. Winner gets to post their very own blog here on the site without any censorship or meddling. Here’s how to do it:
• at upper left, click on “Predict It!”
• you need to register as a new user. Yes, it’s a pain in the ass, but do it anyway! They don’t spam.
• when that’s done, come back to the NIT (alas) page.
• fill in each round and hit “enter” – when you’re done, you can click on the leaderboard in order to talk shit back here in the comments. [UPDATE: you have to click “next page” to see all the other people’s entries]
• deadline is 4pm PST, 7pm EST TODAY so GET CRACKIN’. Don’t put it off, or else… oh, I don’t know. Don’t make me say things I’ll regret.
As far as I know, it’s the only online competition for the NIT set up by one of us, so we’re in rare, uncharted territory. Go over and register, so we can salvage at least a little bit of fun out of this situation!
our almost-five-year-old even put on a 3T dress