March 2005, eight mos. pregnant, six hours before Marvin Wms tipped in the basket to beat Dook
If you don’t mind, I’d like to go ahead and broach the enormous topic that has been lying around this blog’s forebrain for about a week: namely, why did you have children? I got a fair amount of feedback last week from people without kids, many of them having deepening ambivalence about it – not just from the heartfelt comments of last Friday, but from the current fever-pitched whir surrounding childbearing in general. So I’ll ask these specific questions:
1. Why did you choose to have children?
2. Were the expected challenges as bad as you thought they’d be? And what crazy thing didn’t you see coming?
3. Are there any solutions – or tips – you know now that you really could have used then?
4. What exactly did it do to your body, and when did you get your libido back?
5. Name one stunningly fantastic thing about it.
Commenting as anonymous animals are encouraged for honesty’s sake!