A few random facts:
1. We went to our preschool’s fundraising auction tonight, and our “donation” was a tasting of rare single-malts that I would give to the winning couple and four of their friends. I thought nobody would care. And then there was a bidding war and I think we raised over a thousand dollars for the school.
2. My sister is marrying one of my best friends in the world this weekend.
3. The new version of Scrabble allows proper nouns. I mean, come on. Why they just allow monosyllabic grunts, acronyms and fart noises while they’re at it?
4. While at a restaurant tonight, I heard that California has more people in prison than any country in the world. Because I’m a little daft, I wondered how California could have more people in prison than the United States. Then I noticed a car. And then I noticed a pretty song on the speakers.
5. I got Lucy a little box of Playmobil (“hard guys”) mermaids from the toy store, which she immediately loved. One of the hard guy mermaids is pulled along by a giant seahorse. Seahorses are primarily monogamous, and once the female develops an egg, she gives it to the male to fertilize and carry to term in his belly.
6. My brother Sean and sister-in-law Jordana are 7 months pregnant with a girl, and you can see her move around Jordi’s belly from across the room, which is totally awesome.
7. In February, we were visited by a Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker outside Lucy’s window, which made me geekily happy:
Your random facts may be expressed below!