Okay, so let me explain a few things so my flibbertigibbet-esque qualities make a little more sense:
• tomorrow morning, early, a “professional organizer” is coming to our house to rearrange my stuff. Yes, it has come to that. Normally, I would have no foreign hands mucking about with my power tools and T-25 star bit screws, but I have to admit, this house move has pushed even my normally-sanguine ideas of creative chaos into despondency. Tessa said it was time to hire the big guns, so I’m exercising and exorcising my control issues.
• we are flying to NYC on Sunday morning, early as shit, for the week of Lucy’s spring break. Normally, her kindergarten class would be rippin’ it up on Daytona Beach for SPRING BREAK-A-THON 2011!!!!!! but instead, I’m taking her to the Natural History museum to look at dinosaurs. New Yorkers, we will be there, so set your Interesting Conversation meters on “purée”!
• I – meaning my wife – may have found out a major theory behind my health issues after attending a conference over the weekend. I’ll expound on it after the weekend, but apparently there’s some blame being shifted onto a few of my mitochondria who aren’t pulling their weight.
• I have long longed for an automatic tire inflator that shuts off when it reaches a pre-set pressure. In other words, you dial your optimum PSI (say, 40) onto a air hose attachment, stick it on your tire, and it fills it up exactly to 40 PSI and then turns off. No more fiddling with a separate tire gauge, no frozen fingers covered in diesel, no more bullshit. And it looks like my prayers have been answered:
• I mean, it pays to dream big, don’t it?