Break out the prognostication meds, because I have a few questions for you. Let’s make a little time capsule of our current thinking, so that five years from now, we can look back and see if we had a good feel for how long things last.
(Wait, do you think five years is too long to wait for something, and it’ll all be different by then, even on this blog? Hell, take a look at your comments five years ago here. That didn’t seem like forever, did it?)
And so here are your five technology/internet questions to answer as best you can:
1. What year will Facebook start its inexorable slide into irrelevance, a la MySpace?
2. How many more years will the iPad be the dominant tablet?
3. The average MPG for cars sold in 2012 was 23.2. What will it be in five years?
4. Which will be cured first, Alzheimer’s or baldness?
5. Will texting be replaced as the dominant communication form by something else, or will it exist in its present form for the next 5 years?