in the gondola, about 11,400 ft. above sea level, Aspen
Things I Did Today
– woke up at 5am with my face on fire, because I didn’t use sunscreen yesterday on Snowmass Mountain; pain is so bad that I can’t turn my head more than 15 degrees in either direction
– took full Benadryl, slept until 11am, then hopped on the gondola to meet Wendi and Alex Yong. Still unable to move face
– wiped out going down Pump House run, slid backwards on my head for about 200 feet (over moguls), coming to rest in Alex’s gentle arms
– at the last second, my skis crossed while getting onto F.I.S. Ski Lift; the lift dragged me by the ass for 10 seconds, then dropped me from 15 feet onto a pile of mud
– I became “that guy,” you know, the one that stops the lift for 5 minutes to make sure I’m not dead
– undeterred, I do my first black diamond mogul run, and DON’Y EAT SHIT EVEN ONCE!
– left Aspen at 4pm, drove 85 mph through the Virgin River Gorge, reached Las Vegas at 1am PST.
– check into the oldest, crappiest hotel on the strip (the Sahara) and begin a massive rewrite of my Fox TV script, which has a reading tomorrow (actually today) night
– body wrecked, face afire, eyes searing, I write this blog and fall aslee
)*&#*()I :M zzzzzzzzzz